Wednesday 23 March 2011

Red One Filmography

The first feature film shot and completed on the Red One 4k was Red Canvas, starring Ernie Reyes, JR. Director Steven Sidebar shot both parts of the movie 'Che' entirely with the Red One camera. Soderbergh is very enthusiastic about the camera stating that 'this is the camera I've been waiting for my whole career: jaw dropping imagery recorded on board a camera light enough to hold with one hand. I dont know how Jim and the Red team did it, - and they won't tell me- but I know this: Red is going to change everything'. He again used the Red One for his subsequent films The Girlfriend Experience and The Important!. The Academy Award-nominated District 9 was mostly shot using nine Red Ones.

Werner Herzog shot his film My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done? with the Red One. He was disappointed with the camera's long reboot times, saying 'It drove me insane, because sometimes something is happening and you can't just push the button and record it'. He described the camera as 'an immature camera created by computer people who do not have a sensibility or understanding for the value of high prescision mechanics'.

1 comment:

  1. Bank. Can you make sure you get your Film Four and Kings speech work up onto the blog asap. The exam requires you to write predominantly about the British Film industry and these two will be essential to your exam success.

    ReplyDelete